Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stop and Smell the Roses

The Morning Glory's are taking over in a riot of colors.
The Hyacinth Bean Vine is well over six ft high. The seeds were given to me by a friend. I am going to harvest seeds and continue the tradition.

The window boxes are full

and the garden colorful.

Last week I was going to write a blog on autumn or maybe winter. I was ready to skip over a few months, get rid of the heat, and possibly have it snow. Today I am enjoying the flowers in my garden, not rushing the season and feeling good about it. On my birthday Christine gave me the book "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. I smiled as I opened my pretty package as I had read this book probably fifteen years ago. It is a guide to a higher level of creativity, and although I loved the book I had never fully completed it. I was torn, should I tell her I already have the book,or just keep quiet? As I started to read I realized that now at this point in my life I was ready for this course. Without this gift I would not be using this valuable tool to get in touch with my own creativity. I find the exercises are helping me to enjoy my surroundings and stay in the present and I think I may just give Christine my old copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...