Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Change That Mantel !

My summer mantel always includes green, produce things, birds and garden books. Everything that speaks summer to me. I light candles all year but on this mantel they must smell like a garden, not to sweet but like the smell after a gentle rain.
Green is cooling to me


But come fall I need to feel warm and cozy. I love the heat of the color orange, and lots of amber light. Candles, feathers, berries and gourds speak autumn.


This is my guardian angel of the pumpkin patch. She is out all year but has a special job watching over my favorite painting of just pumpkins come fall.
When I get to retire I want to live here, in a little cottage by the water.

I know my mantel is a little busy but I'm a busy kind of girl.


Here are a few simpler ideas to to transform yours.

I like the lamps on this one. Mantles always need light or candles to sparkle.
Even black and white speak fall, is that a pumpkin coach

pedestals are great, I used a silver footed dish on mine to elevate a pumpkin. I wish there was light or some sort on this one.


Mirrors are a great source or reflective light, still I think it needs votives.

Books, don't forget the books, my titles always read the season.
Very nice
Love the layering and contrast of dark and light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...