Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ahh, Nature Decorates

We all know I'm a woodsy kind of girl, always dreaming of the perfect life.... Living in a cottage by a river ( O.K. that I am) , collecting fresh eggs every morning for the frittata I am making ( B.C. wont buy me chickens), picking fresh produce from my exploding garden ( I am getting some lettuce now) having the time to work and still do all this ( we need 48 hour days). But anyway I still was excited to see a trend of nature in home decorating. So maybe I can steal an hour to take a walk and fill my home with nest, shells, and twigs, so it's as pretty as some of the showrooms at the High Point N.C. furniture market.
Lots of nature in the art shown, this is a collection of antique prints re-colored for today's market.




I am always attracted to layered art, but the simple branches just sends me.



While not exactly natural, I find him kind of funky, yup I'd hang him in my house.


I would love to see this table mixed with linen in a more formal setting.


Tired of tile or wainscoting on the front of your bar ? Try logs!


I think they are making fun of antler mounts, but I love them...



I am painting this over B.C. bed.


Pine cones, branches, shells, rocks, it all works to bring nature in.


Don't forget the power of green, plants I mean.




Sweet little birds.


Bark on walls.
Bark on furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...