Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Ooh - La'- La' A French Antique Shop


Always on my way home from Maine I try and discover a few new unique shops. That's why my 10 hour trip becomes 15. The winner this year was The Marston House. My friend Jan knew of this special place as she had talked with the owner Sharon Mrozinski last year about her rental apartments in Provance. ( Yes I want to go there too!) It's hidden down a very green side walkway behind their bed and breakfast house.(I already feel like I am in France) with painted ladders, garden urns and just fun stuff.
But what's inside inspired me to run home and redecorate my house !!! I just love the simple clean design of linen, pottery, glass and common objects as art.






Doesn't this want to make you throw out half your picture frames and stack them in a bucket.


Where are my baby shoes?



I wish this shop was near me so I could investigate the selection of antique ribbons and tapes. Would these not make a fabulous trim on linen drapery panels. How about as a border in a picture frame, or on shams or decorative pillows??? I want them all.
Talk about antique textiles...... I purchased this mans pheasant shirt from the 1800 hundreds, It of course has been dyed this luscious color ( I think it was just for me as we know orange is my favorite) It is adorable on, Can't wait to pare this with brown leggings and little flats in the fall. I was a little nervous about the care of a 100 year plus dress, but Sharon said just throw it in the washer its linen it last for ever!!!!!

Why did I just throw out an old pair of scissors??


A better photo of this metal bed is on Marstons web site. I love the color.


The collection of antique textiles was amazing.





I fell in love with these old dyed linen napkins. I only regret what I did not buy.

So if you are ever in Wiscasset Maine please treat yourself to this inspiring shopping experience, or do as I am as soon as I finish my blog- and jump on to their web site. ( I do need those napkins) Bonne Journe'e or have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...