Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Save Those Window Boxes

Summer


Minutes later it's fall
The selection I used for the box above - Superbells Blue, Hanging flowers, you can also use Pansy's or jump ups for color. I love the purple next to orange.
Amazon Sunset Parrots Beak, Nice hanging foliage.
Toffee Twist Grass.
Black Scallop Bugleweed, and garden Kale.

Summer may be over (yea!) but you can still enjoy pretty window boxes. There are lots of varieties of plants that can withstand freezing temps. I plant mine around the first day of Fall and enjoy them through Thanksgiving. I think I love the textures, colors, and look of my fall boxes better than summer. You don't have as much of a growing season so pack them full of plants. Yes, you still have to water, but when I see the orange mums next to the toffee grass WOW I am in heaven. Check your local nursery for varieties available, Proven Winners have a great selection of fall foliage. Nestle a few mini pumpkins and gourds in with the plants and let the leaves start changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...