Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Home of Bob Williams

Traditional Home Magazine featured the home of Bob Williams cofounder of furniture manufacturer Mitchell Gold. They took this 1947 Georgian Colonial, respected its grand heritage, and updated it to be totally modern. I love how sophisticated it is with touches of humor. Oh, yea that is Stella-Lou- Bella, I wonder if she has a nickname.
The black and gray feels so clean and minimal. To me this foyer feels very traditional, yet look at the chair.
I always love built in bars, maybe I just like bars? the mirror back adds glamor. This was once a closet. Much better use I think.
This room is like a men's club room, I bet the sofa is mohair. I want a worn leather chair. Wall color Benjamin Moore sea reflections #1664 I am guessing. The shine semi- gloss finish
The traditional drapes, and blue walls ( I would use Benjamin Moore's Polar Ice #1660) pull this living room down to earth. Take notice most of the furniture is very mid century.
This is how you display a collection of vintage chairs. I think when we do quirky- what we feel like, decorating, we create a home with personality. So think out of the box!!!!!!!
Bob definitely likes his ducks in a row....
I am into beds with upholstered rails, gets rid of the dust skirts.

I could sit here while using the bar. I am calling these walls B.M. Comet # 1628

The lower cabinets are the same hue as the study walls. I am not usually a blue fan but loving these shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...