Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yes I'm Wild about American Style.























Yesterday my April issue of House Beautiful Magazine came and I caught the cover headline " Wild About American style". Hmmmm what is American style? The English have chintz a mix of pattern, collections,and classic worn overstuffed furniture. The French look is elegant with a touch of nature, antiques, gilded elements and faux finishes. What is American? You, that's it you, and what ever is your passion. How wonderful to live in a country that respects all of us and our likes and dislikes. You can wear a mini skirt or a maxi and still be in fashion. Dress like the 70's or 80's and be IN STYLE, just be your self. That's all that is required be yourself. If you check out all of April's home magazines you will see that if it is authentic, if it is you, than show it off. I think that is 2011 "be yourself", if you love a neutral palette than screw color, if contemporary and clean lines excite you than go for it. I was in a customers home ( my favorite client,(you may remember her living room) and I discovered tables filled with books on the sea, with nautical things and sea glass. I was inspired, I love to see a glimpse of someone in her home. I like stuff and things , but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate a modern home. So when you decorate skip what is in, and focus on what is you. It's the American style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...