Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Garden Bounty

Has anyone seen Mr. McGregor ?

The garden is flourishing. I have squash, eggplant, tomatoes and herbs growing out my ears. My heirloom purple and yellow tomatoes are not ready yet but growing nicely. I cant wait to use them in a salad, I may even plan a dinner party around them. Right now I am enjoying using the herbs to spice up my summer meals. I love Gremolata a classic Italian herb mixture for sprinkling over grilled fish, chicken pork or spread on grilled bread.
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoon lemon zest
fresh ground pepper

Toss together with a little good olive oil and kosher salt. You can substitute fresh cilantro or mint for the parsley and orange or lime zest instead of lemon. This is a quick topping to make you a hero at dinner. Its also good to toss in with orzo, rice or small pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...