Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Pretty bed Linens

In the Late 70's early 80's I was a linen buyer for John Wanamaker's and the sheets were beautiful, we had Dior rose, Laura Ashley , and so many prints we were using for everything. Drapes, slipcovers, tablecloths, it was a thrifty way to spruce up a room. Ralph introduced his home line and OMG we were mixing patterns and plaids and checks. Then we went solid, thread count was more important than pattern. OK I was caught up in this sophisticated look. I wanted my bed to in all white with maybe just a stripe of color. - BUT IT WAS BORING- Last night while I was flipping through Lonny Magazine for the hundredth time I noticed the article on linens. Wow, there back in full color. All the big names in home are using pattern or color. Kate Spade you read my mind "Hello Sunshine". Check out these lines as well Serena and Lily
Leontine Linens D Porthault Dwell Studio and of course Ralph Lauren










Dwell Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...