Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Can You Teach an Artist New Tricks

Beautiful watercolors by Marie Natale


Last fall I attended a watercolor demonstration by local artist Marie Natale. I was blown away by her freedom with this medium and beautiful brush work. Having been working in oils for several years this demo had me itching to get back to watercolor.
I started classes with Marie 6 weeks ago and my paintings have taken on a life of there own. No longer am I using a detail brush to overwork my subjects. I am now working upright on an easel letting it drip and sloshing with a #12 brush. I am discovering the happy mistakes that happen with watercolor. I LOVE IT I am glad Marie came into my life, what a wonderful artist and teacher she is. I will take all I have learned from her and make it my own. I have three paintings entered in a juried art show this Friday so we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...