Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

Silly Girl

My husband is the food shopper in our family. Even with out a list from me his weekly selection keeps us supplied. He is the one who realizes we are low on soy sauce,and paper towels, or we are out of 60 watt bulbs. I decided today that I would shop this week. I do like to cook and wanted to explore other products on the shelves. Also I need to start eating clean ( The trendy term for losing 10) so I wanted to read labels and choose carefully. WELL all I can say is healthy eating sure cost a lot. My bill for two people started with a 2 and we are not talking 20 bucks. Was it the organic chips or the years supply of Brita water filters? I don't think I even purchased meat, milk, or eggs. Could forgetting the coupons in the kitchen drawer made that much difference ? Well I am sure I won't be making that trip again real soon. " What a silly girl I've been !" Next week I might start burning dinner.

I might as well share a great low fat recipe

Red Pepper and Pear Soup
2 Tbs. butter
2 tsp. olive butter
3 large red bell peppers sliced
2 carrots sliced
2 shallots sliced
2 anjou pears peeled and sliced
1 (32oz) container fat-free chicken broth
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of ground red pepper or pepper sauce
Garnish with sliced fresh pears, plain yogurt, chopped fresh chives

Melt butter in a dutch oven over med heat; add bell pepper and next 3 ingredients, and saute 8 to 10 minutes . Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil : cover simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool , process in a food processor until smooth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...