Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Op Art Trend Alert

Here we have a walnut dresser, classic design, very beautiful.


Here we have a walnut dresser that has been Micheleized. ( yes I still have it )
Super impossible chair Kartell.com
I am loving this paper, just afraid B.C. might not sleep.
Wall Paper Brunschwig&Fils brunschwig.com
I could have used this clock in 1969.
Retro ball alarm clock Present time shopplasticland.com
Ring espresso by French bull frenchbull.com
Cotton fabric Marimekko marimekko.com
Needlepoint Links footstool by Jonathan Adler. jonathanadler.com
Flip Flap day bed by Dune dune-ny.com
Mod Dot wastebasket marye-kelley.com

Woll dress by Marni marni.com
Pierced Bardot lamp by Kenneth Wingard Kennethwingard.com
Kaleidoscope silk by Pollack pollackassociates.com
Coach handbags coach.com


I am a usually little wary of new trends that I remember wearing, doing, or having. But since I think, (besides Barbie's Dream House) that this Mod feel was my first introduction to the world of design, I am excited. In 1968 or around there I moved into a bigger bedroom when my sister got married. My Mother allowed me to express my creativity or I just wore her down! I painted BIG pink and blue flowers all around the room ( over her very pretty cream wallpaper). I then painted the back of a beautiful walnut dresser with the same daisy to use as a room divider, CRAZY ! A year later I changed rooms again. This time I was loving hot pink and orange. The chestnut woodwork and doors was now high gloss hot pink. One accent wall in a very marimekko orange and pink flowers. My friends thought I was so cool. Years later I remember my Mom painstakingly restoring her woodwork. But just maybe this is why I paint walls today and have a design business. Thanks Mom,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...